By any measure, mergers and acquisitions within the biopharmaceutical industry continue to increase at an accelerated pace. Among the factors driving this activity are:
MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS: WHERE'S THE REAL FINISH LINE
• Declining R&D productivity
• Downward pressure on pricing
• Blockbuster drug patent expirations
• Focused therapeutic investment
• Shareholder pressure
While M&A activity can provide a variety of significant benefits, such transactions have a well-earned reputation for causing headaches for all involved parties. From an outsider’s perspective, the work that goes into negotiating the transaction and securing regulatory approval would be the most challenging part of the transaction. In fact, that is only the beginning. Merging two companies with completely different cultures, technology systems and processes can make or break even the best intended deal. Throw in the complexities inherent in the pharmaceutical industry – securely managing clinical data, regulatory oversight and aggressive R&D goals, and it quickly becomes apparent that the heavy lifting has only begun.
A successful acquisition integration requires a comprehensive approach to people, process and technology. PAREXEL’s Asset Transfer Service leverages our expertise across clinical, regulatory and technology to ensure business goals are met as efficiently as possible. Key benefits include:
• Accelerated ROI by providing efficiencies throughout the integration process
• Reduced risk associated with complex M&A integrations
• Ensure alignment between clinical, technological and business stakeholders
• Lower costs and increase maintainability by moving studies and related data to an optimized technology platform
Through our best-practice approach supporting some of the largest sponsors in the industry, PAREXEL is uniquely qualified to transfer clinical assets between organizations while mitigating the risk inherent with such complex transactions. To learn more, read the Asset Transfer datasheet and continue the discussion on Twitter.